Today is March 15, which is the annual International Consumer Rights Day. This year’s theme is “Guardian Security, Smooth Consumption”. It contains three meanings. One is to perform duties in accordance with the law and to build a foundation for the healthy development of the consumer market; the other is to pinpoint pain points to meet the new demands for safety in consumption upgrades; and the third is to break up congestion points and unblock consumption to boost economic circulation.
International Consumer Rights Day (World Consumer Rights Day) is set on March 15 each year by the International Union of Consumers in 1983. The purpose is to expand the promotion of consumer rights protection and make it more important around the world. To promote cooperation and exchanges between consumer organizations in various countries and regions, and to better protect consumers’ rights and interests on an international scale.
1. Provide consumers with information, educate consumers, and improve consumers’ awareness and ability to safeguard their rights and interests.
2. Handle consumer complaints and help consumers recover their losses.
3. Collect consumer opinions and give feedback to the company.
4. Create public opinion, promote the rights of consumers, and create public opinion pressure to improve the status of consumers.
5. Participate in the formulation of national or government consumer laws and policies, and require the government to establish a consumer administrative system to deal with consumer issues.
6. Establish consumer groups and establish consumer sovereignty.
7. Strengthen consumer international groups and cooperation.